Sunday, October 23, 2011

Adventure Around: Magic Mushrooms and Geocaching

This may never be the first nor the last time I make a title like that. At least I hope so.

Polyporus squamosus?
or Chicken of the Woods?
My only sibling came down for a two day visit this weekend. We spent most of it wandering around Indianapolis together looking for caches and talking. We were stopped by police near the high school for a "Park and Grab" in what we would come to find out was an abandoned strip mall plagued with "Rif raff."

The poor officer was barely my sister's age and completely uncomfortable with the idea that two adult women were playing a "GPS hide and seek game" in this, of all locations.

We had a good laugh and took the Interstate to the Capitol Building for a photo shoot with a travel bug and a cache along the White River. It was a great day out thankfully.

We roamed around the grape vine and wild rose filled area in the Catholic Cemetery for 3 caches. Really beautiful grounds and really great mushrooms!





Hericium erinaceus (also called Lion's Mane MushroomBearded Tooth MushroomHedgehog MushroomSatyr's BeardBearded Hedgehog Mushroompom pom mushroom, or Bearded Tooth Fungus)  Edible and medical.




Chinese cooks, like myself, use it with pork.

2 comments:

  1. I'm following you now!  Hope you'll follow my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link me your blog! Thanks for coming by!

    ReplyDelete

Please keep things positive and clever.